Montag, 8. August 2011

Diving into AP Biology!


August 8, 2011

Question #1: How is the puzzle like science?

Answer #1: I think the puzzle we did last class relates to scientific lab experiments.  When we first received the pieces of the puzzles, we tried several times to get the pieces to fit together to make a square.  We conducted trials or in other words experiments. In science, we use the results of several experiments to form a hypothesis.  Once we received another piece, I formed a hypothesis.  I saw how the the previous pieces fit together to form a square and predicted where the extra piece would fit.  I then tested my hypothesis by putting the pieces together as I had predicted they would fit.  In this case, my hypothesis proved incorrect because the pieces did not fit together to form a square as I had predicted they would.  I then conducted more experiments to determine how the pieces fit.  Once I discovered how they fit, I formed a conclusion on how the pieces fit together.  

Question #2: Why did you choose AP Biology?

Answer #2:  I love learning about how living organisms work and how they relate to each other.  Last year I took regular Biology and was fascinated with the details I learned about all sorts of living matter.  This led me to want to learn more.  AP Biology, although a hard course, will be worth the challenge.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen